As a New Yorker-by-birth, I’ve seen my fair share of celebrities. But I’ve never more star-struck than I was on September 4th, at the Night for Green Beauty event which took place in the gorgeous James Corbett Studio.
As you can see with the picture above, I didn’t really get to fulfill my purchase wish list but I had the most enriching experience talking with brands about their products. Everyone I talked to was absolutely the sweetest and was incredibly patient when talking about their green beauty philosophies.
Here are some of my experiences below:
- I had my face spritzed with Elizabeth Dehn’s Vitamin D Active Moisture Time Release Mist by Suzanne Leroux herself of One Love Organics.
- Anne Sanford of LURK natural fragrances was the sweetest. I couldn’t believe how she took the time to describe the notes for all the truly luxurious perfume oils she brought to the event. My absolute favorite was the PRJ V1 perfume oil with jasmine and rose. And I agree with Anne, none of her perfume oils will make you smell like a hippie! Though, I firmly believe if you want to smell like a hippie that’s okay in my books too.
- I was the saddest person there, that I couldn’t pick up a full-size Exfoliant from S.W. Basics of Brooklyn. But I got the chance to meet Adina Grigore of S. W. Basics of Brooklyn herself and I’m so glad I did! I don’t really know how she does it but somehow she radiated sunshine and happiness.
- I think I was more starstruck with Linda Alixe Thompson of Olie Biologique than the 23K Gold Argan Oil Multitasker she showed me, but they were equally the highlight of my experience with the Olie Biologique counter. I almost fist pumped when she brought out the 005 Huile Radicale and the 100% Organic Argan Oil for me to rub into my hands. Bliss.
- I’m still pinching myself that I met Victoria Fantauzzi of La Bella Figura who was there to introduce six brand new products from perfumes, Modern Radiance Concentrate, Skin Aficionado and Jardin de Fleurs Skin Revitalizer. Also, it’s true fact that she gives the best hugs ever.
And in the end, after I took my Bang Bang tinted lip conditioner and made my way back to Brooklyn, all I could think was that I was ready for the next Night for Green Beauty! Bring it on!